This gallery contains 9 photos.
I hope everyone had a great St. Patty’s Day and celebrated with lots of green food, drinks and some Irish beverages :)! I know I sure did. Had a blast on Saturday with two of my best buds, Iana & … Continue reading
I am always looking for new healthy recipes to add to my dinner rotation and I came across this tasty Spanish inspired dish on Eating Well, a great resource for healthy inspired meals. You will love the fragrant smell of the thyme and turkey kielbasa simmering in the sauce pan, and so will those in your house!
What is great about this dish is that it is packed with lean protein from the white beans, cod and turkey kielbasa. It will leave you feeling satisfied and good about what you ate! Since you get a starchy serving from the white beans, I like to pair this with a non-starchy cruciferous vegetable like roasted broccoli.
This dish requires about 15 minutes of prep work and 20 minutes to cook, but is very easy to make.
Baked Cod with Chorizo & White Beans
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Gather all of your ingredients.
4. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down and the wine is almost evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes.
5. Stir in beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt and remove from the heat.
6. Sprinkle fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in the prepared baking dish.
7. Top each piece of fish with equal amounts of the tomato mixture (about 1/2 cup per fillet). Pour the remaining 1/4 cup wine into the pan and cover the pan with foil. Bake until the fish is just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve the fish with the sauce spooned over the top.
For the calories and nutritional information check out the original recipe on Eating Well.
This dish is sure to impress! Hubby approved!